At the heart of our Move It Self Storage facilities are the ever-popular non-climate-controlled storage units. There are endless opportunities and ways you can use our self storage that go above and beyond just moving. Discover all the different types of storage we offer here at Move It.
- Personal Storage: Whether you’re moving, decluttering, or organizing, use self storage to gain back extra space in your home.
- Business Storage: Store and access your equipment on a daily basis, or house extra inventory including records and files.
- Vehicle Storage: If you’re leaving for an extended vacation, work trip, or simply don’t have enough room at home, store your vehicles and toys with us. We have plenty of room for boats and RVs, both inside and outside.
- Student Storage: Don’t drag all your items back home with you. Keep everything in a good place over summer or winter break – even your car!
- Military Storage: Whether you’re preparing for deployment or relocating your family, we’re here to help during your transition.
- Climate Control Storage: If you have particularly sensitive items, consider climate control storage to keep your things from being damaged by high temperatures and humidity.
Insider Tips from Move It
There are a lot of ins and outs to self storage, and Move It is here to help with all of them. Here are the biggest pieces of advice for renters – whether they’re new to self storage or an experienced pro.
Do Your Research
Look into everything from unit sizing to storage insurance. You don’t want to end up with a unit that’s too small, or not have all of your items covered. We also highly recommend reading recent reviews of the facility so you can get a sense of customer satisfaction. It’s important to be aware of these things as you’re looking for a storage unit. And, of course, anyone can reach out to any of our Move It property managers and we’ll help answer any questions.
Tour the Facility
Once you’ve done your research online, make sure you tour the facility to see what it looks like. Also, look at a few different sizes to ensure you’ll have enough room for your items. This will also give you the opportunity to meet those who work on-site and get a feel for others who rent storage units. Be sure to ask about safety features and what measures are in place to give you peace of mind. If you get a good feeling when you’re on the property (or even a bad feeling), always go with your gut.
No matter your storing situation, moving items from one place to another can be stressful. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead and take time to consider other aspects and costs. First, once you know what size unit you need, figure out how you want to store your items. You will want to store things you don’t need as much in the back, and things you need in the front. Second, take care of other details like moving supplies and a moving truck. At several of our Move it facilities, you can rent a unit, purchase supplies and reserve a truck all at once! Finally, make sure your unit is ready before you move your items in. Whether you have hired movers or are moving everything in yourself, having the unit prepared beforehand will help save time and stress.
Learn Tools of the Trade at Move It
Move It has done a lot over the years to improve our properties for customers, and we have several options available to store your stuff. Even better, we’re a one-stop-shop for everything. Simply put, if you are renting with us, you are renting with a good company. See for yourself all the ways we can make your next storing experience that much better.
Please contact us.Move It Management
12655 N. Central Expressway, Suite 925
Dallas, TX 75243