Moving is one of the most stressful events people go through in their lives, and this especially rings true for those who serve in the military. As a property manager in Temple, TX
–about 15 miles from Fort Hood – I have worked with and helped several military members and their families as they go through difficult transitions.
Whether you’re relocating to or stationed in Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, or Tennessee, you can rest assured Move It Self Storage is standing by to help.
Benefits of Military Self Storage
- You can get space – and fast. Many soldiers will run into the difficult situation where they are placed on a waiting list for housing and have nowhere to put their items. Move It can help secure a storage unit quickly while you’re in between homes.
- You can pay online and ahead of time. When you leave for months, sometimes even years at a time, the last thing you want to worry about is missing your rent payment. That’s why we offer the flexibility to pay online. What’s more, if you pay a year in advance, you get the 13th month free.
- You can receive Military Discounts. Simply ask your property manager at your nearest location when you’re ready to rent or reserve a storage unit.
- You can rent a moving truck with us, too. Think of us as a one-stop-shop; you can rent a moving truck and buy moving and packing supplies with us as well.
Insider Tips from Move It
1. Consider climate controlled units.
We recommend climate controlled units
for military members and families – especially if they live in a particularly hot state. It offers more protection for those who will be gone for a long time since they won’t be able to check on their valuables. There are several items that are sensitive to hot temperatures and humidity, including:
- Leather furniture
Simply put, if you have items that mean something to you, I would highly suggest you place them in a climate controlled unit.
2. It’s better to have more space than not enough.
More often than not, many service members and families think they need a smaller unit than they actually do. It’s always important to see multiple units in a variety of sizes so you can ensure you have enough space. At Move It, we’ll always take you to different units so you not only know the size, but you’ll know exactly where it is when you return to move your items in.
If you’re still unsure about a large unit, there is always the option to rent several smaller units. This can also be helpful if you want to store only a few items in a climate controlled unit and everything else in a standard, non-climate controlled unit.
3. Take advantage of other types of storage.
goes beyond putting items in a storage unit. If you have a vehicle, RV, or boat you need to store, we offer vehicle storage
at several of our locations. This is especially convenient if you know you’ll be gone for a long time and have no place to store your vehicle.
You’ve Served Us. Now Let Us Serve You.
We are proud to serve those who serve us, which is why we work hard to provide the best solution for your unique and difficult situation. Whether you’re relocating to a new city or getting ready for deployment, we’re standing by to help you prepare so you have one less thing to worry about.
With several locations near military bases, can feel confident knowing that no matter which Move It location you store your items, you’ll be receiving help from an expert who will ensure your items are in good hands.